Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Lou Amodeo <lo...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/14 14:12:24 UTC

Tuscany support for Axis 1.4

Is there a plan for Tuscany to support Axis2 1.4?

Re: Tuscany support for Axis 1.4

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.
ant elder wrote:

> i'm happy to wait till ... I've got things more working
>
>    ...ant

Ant,

Yes - I'm happy for you to beaver away getting it ready, but keep off general release until it does
work OK  ;-)

Yours,  Mike.

Re: Tuscany support for Axis 1.4

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 3:24 PM, Mike Edwards <
mike.edwards.inglenook@gmail.com> wrote:

> ant elder wrote:
>
>> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 7:14 PM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm starting to look into the performance improvements in the JAXB/AXIOM
>>> data transformation. It seems that the Axis2 1.4 has done a lot of good
>>> work
>>> there. If possible, I would like to leverage the latest AXIOM and Axis2
>>> code
>>> base ASAP. The dependency might be only AXIOM but mixing the versions of
>>> AXIOM could be very risky.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Raymond
>>>

>> If moving up ASAP really will help get the performance work moving then
>> another alternative could be to just do the upgrade as much as possible
>> right now in trunk commenting out the tests that are failing and then
>> slowly
>> over the next days get everything going again. I have it mostly going
>> right
>> now apart from WS policy and the tooling but those things may take a
>> little
>> while to sort out.
>>
>> WDYT?
>>
>>   ...ant
>>
>>  Folks,
>
> Who is screaming for this stuff??
>
> I'd prefer to wait until the Axis guys have their stuff fully cooked...
>

> Yours,  Mike.

Fair enough, i'm happy to wait till its all released and I've got things
more working

   ...ant

Re: Tuscany support for Axis 1.4

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Mike Edwards <
mike.edwards.inglenook@gmail.com> wrote:

> ant elder wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 10:17 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Lou Amodeo <lo...@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Is there a plan for Tuscany to support Axis2 1.4?
>>>>

>>> Axis2 1.4 and the associated wss4j and rampart releases for 1.4 are  all
>>> out and available in the Maven repositories now. I've still a couple of
>>> issues to resolve to get everything in the build working with 1.4 but
>>> hope
>>> to have those fixed in the next day or 2 so would like to move up to 1.4
>>> then
>>>

>> This isn't going so well so I'm wondering if it would be better to NOT
>> move
>> up to Axis2 1.4 for the SCA 1.3 release. The are still some minor issues
>> that are more of an inconvenience eg the way our soap/jms support is
>> configured causes a big ugly stacktrace in samples that don't incude the
>> JMS
>> API now, but the main problem is with ws-security not working yet and when
>> that is fixed a bug in WSS4J we'll like hit which may need a new release
>> fix [1]. How would people feel about staying on Axis2 1.3 for now, i know
>> there's a dessire to get the latest versions of XmlSchema and AXIOM but
>> will
>> it break anything in our 1.3 release if we don't do that?
>>
>>   ...ant
>>
>> [1] http://apache.markmail.org/message/2t7kdnf2tw33sphg
>>

> Mention of problems with WS-Security makes me head for the hills....
>

> Yours,  Mike.

So it looks like Axis2 1.4.1 is out now. Is there anyone out there who
fancies having a go at upgrading the Tuscany runtime from 1.3 to 1.4.1?

Simon

Re: Tuscany support for Axis 1.4

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.
Simon Laws wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 8:59 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 10:17 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Axis2 1.4 and the associated wss4j and rampart releases for 1.4 are  all
>>> out and available in the Maven repositories now. I've still a couple of
>>> issues to resolve to get everything in the build working with 1.4 but
>> hope
>>> to have those fixed in the next day or 2 so would like to move up to 1.4
>>> then
>>>
>> This isn't going so well so I'm wondering if it would be better to NOT move
>> up to Axis2 1.4 for the SCA 1.3 release. The are still some minor issues
>> that are more of an inconvenience eg the way our soap/jms support is
>> configured causes a big ugly stacktrace in samples that don't incude the
>> JMS
>> API now, but the main problem is with ws-security not working yet and when
>> that is fixed a bug in WSS4J we'll like hit which may need a new release to
>> fix [1]. How would people feel about staying on Axis2 1.3 for now, i know
>> there's a dessire to get the latest versions of XmlSchema and AXIOM but
>> will
>> it break anything in our 1.3 release if we don't do that?
>>
>>   ...ant
>>
>> [1] http://apache.markmail.org/message/2t7kdnf2tw33sphg
>>

> Hi
>
> I would err on the side of caution with this. I don't think it's a blocker
> for cutting the branch for 1.3 and it sounds like we are still dependent on
> the 3rd party WSS4J 1.5.5 release which could take weeks. If this comes out
> and we are happy with it in trunk we can consider patching it into the 1.3
> branch but I think we should go without it for now.
>
> Regards
>
> Simon

I agree with the cautious approach.

   Simon

Re: Tuscany support for Axis 1.4

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 10:17 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Lou Amodeo <lo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there a plan for Tuscany to support Axis2 1.4?
> >

> Axis2 1.4 and the associated wss4j and rampart releases for 1.4 are  all
> out
> and available in the Maven repositories now. I've still a couple of issues
> to resolve to get everything in the build working with 1.4 but hope to have
> those fixed in the next day or 2 so would like to move up to 1.4 then
>
>   ...ant

Assuming that the full build builds OK then +1 from me.

Simon

Re: Tuscany support for Axis 1.4

Posted by Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com>.
+1.4 to move up to Axis 1.4.

--
Thanks, Dan Becker

Re: Tuscany support for Axis 1.4

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
+1 to move up. We can also start to take advantage of the latest versions of
XmlSchema and AXIOM.

Thanks,
Raymond

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.