Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Li Xiaoli-a17351 <a1...@motorola.com> on 2001/06/28 14:26:16 UTC

Velocity + Servlet

Hi

I have a question about Velocity+Servlet.
In the Servlet example, we must use this URL in browser
http://localhost:8080/velexample/servlet/SampleServlet
why can not use this one
http://localhost:8080/velexample/SampleServlet
what does servlet here mean?

Thanks
Charley

Re: Velocity + Servlet

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
Li Xiaoli-a17351 wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a question about Velocity+Servlet.
> In the Servlet example, we must use this URL in browser
> http://localhost:8080/velexample/servlet/SampleServlet
> why can not use this one
> http://localhost:8080/velexample/SampleServlet
> what does servlet here mean?

it indicates that you want the container to run a servlet class
SampleServlet rather than look for a resource 'SampleServlet' in the
webapp root.

You can configure your container to map it like above if you want to...

geir

> Thanks
> Charley

System and Software Consulting