Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ralf Bratenberg <br...@oisoft.com> on 2003/04/25 12:28:37 UTC

WebDav refresh problem in Windows XP

Hi all,

when I access a Tomcat 4.1.24 (the same for other versions) web folder under
Windows XP Home Edition, Windows Explorere doesn't refresh the window.
Tomcat is running on a Windows 2000 server.

Example:

1. I double click a directory
2. Explorer contacts Tomcat and reads the directory content. The Explorer
window is cleared but the new content is not displayed. Background is grey
or sometimes white, but no folder or files are shown.
3. When I activate another window simply by clicking on it, then the content
of the WebFolder window is displayed, without contacting Tomcat again.

This happens only under Window XP. If I use a Windows 2000 or ME client,
everything works well. Has anyone experienced the same ? Any suggestions are
welcom.

Thanks in advance
Ralf