Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Skip Walker <sk...@gossamer-group.com> on 2002/09/25 21:04:54 UTC

DB Security Service

I'm trying to figure out what combination of Turbine  and/or fulcrum I need
to use in order to use the new DB Security Service that allows the
CustomUser objects (as described in Henning's fulcrum proposal).

I've been looking through the email archive and the Turbine site, but I'm
not quite sure what combination of stuff i need to use to do it.

I'm thinking I need the latest beta of Turbine 2.2, but I also need the
fulcrum services, but with Henning's security service.  There is overlap
between the services in Turbine 2.2 and fulcrum, so I'm not sure which
services I user.  Then there's the RunData issue I seem to remember reading
about or something.

The only thing I think I'm sure about is that I need to use the latest
torque.

Can someone perhaps point me to the correct doc/email archive links to help
me out.

Thanks,
Skip

Re: DB Security Service

Posted by Rodney Schneider <ro...@actf.com.au>.
On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 05:04, you wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out what combination of Turbine  and/or fulcrum I need
> to use in order to use the new DB Security Service that allows the
> CustomUser objects (as described in Henning's fulcrum proposal).
>
> I've been looking through the email archive and the Turbine site, but I'm
> not quite sure what combination of stuff i need to use to do it.
>
> I'm thinking I need the latest beta of Turbine 2.2, but I also need the
> fulcrum services, but with Henning's security service.  There is overlap
> between the services in Turbine 2.2 and fulcrum, so I'm not sure which
> services I user.  Then there's the RunData issue I seem to remember reading
> about or something.
>
> The only thing I think I'm sure about is that I need to use the latest
> torque.
>
> Can someone perhaps point me to the correct doc/email archive links to help
> me out.

Hi Skip,

I think the best way to start is by rebuilding Fulcrum (CVS HEAD) with
Henning's new DBSecurityService, installing the TDK2.2b3 and replacing
WEB-INF/lib/fulcrum-3.0-b2-dev.jar with your newly built fulcrum jar file.

I am going to be attempting this later in the week if time permits, but I
just thought I would send you some links to get you started:

http://archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=turbine-user@jakarta.apache.org&msgNo=11451
http://archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=turbine-user@jakarta.apache.org&msgNo=11660
http://archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=turbine-user@jakarta.apache.org&msgNo=11686

Please keep us informed if you have any progress.

Thanks,

-- Rodney