Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by David Graham <dg...@hotmail.com> on 2003/03/17 21:00:28 UTC

Tiles TextTag?

There is a o.a.s.taglib.tiles.ext.TextTag class that doesn't appear to have
much use.  It's not documented in the tiles taglib api and there are no
references to it in Struts.  Can we deprecate this tag and remove it in 1.2?

David

Re: Tiles TextTag?

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.
  I think we can even remove it because there is no associated tld, so
no possibility to use it in a page.
  This tag is very old and was developed to provide a better integration
between tiles and struts when tiles wasn't even in the contrib area.
This tag has no reason to be left now, unless someone use it in a
special way, but this seem to be hard.

  So I propose to remove the class unless there is objections.

  Cedric