Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by RW <rw...@googlemail.com> on 2014/02/02 14:12:11 UTC

Re: not learned Ham with BAYES_99

On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 21:32:33 +0100
Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> After repeated learning as ham I get BAYES_50 at least for the latter
> message, but I still wonder, how exactly does spamassassin identify
> messages that do not contain Message-Id?

It never uses  Message-Id, it uses a hash of the date header and the
top part of the body (and up to the  3.3.x releases the bottom received
header).

Re: not learned Ham with BAYES_99

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.

On 02.02.14 13:12, RW wrote:
>It never uses  Message-Id, it uses a hash of the date header and the
>top part of the body (and up to the  3.3.x releases the bottom received
>header).

This explains even more... so if sendmail modifies the Date: header (I
suspect it from doing so in ome cases) autolean called from milter can cause
such mail to be learned and never forgotten again....

Nothing is fool-proof to a talented fool.