Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Imran Amajd <mr...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/02 16:06:00 UTC

Tapestry working with other Servlets

Hello everybody,

I m using Tapestry4 with spring & Hibernate. I am having a problem when i
call my own java servlet with-in appcalication. The calling servlet sends
response correctly but it causes HttpSession termination. i want tapestry to
ignore this servlet request and let the container handle this request.

The link  http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/guide/conf.html
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/guide/conf.html

describes about configurig Tapestry. At the end its mentions how we can tell
tapestry to ignore certain URLs but it doesnot explain it in depth.

Can any body help on how can IgnoredPathsFilter service be used to make it
work. if you need to have application web.xml/hivemodule.xml i am happy to
provide these.

Thanks In Advance buddies.

-Imran Amjad

Re: Tapestry working with other Servlets

Posted by agus winarno <ag...@gmail.com>.
Yup, I from Indonesia.

I think u are miss understanding. What I mean is this servlet is extend
ApplicationServlet and this servlet want to get session from tapestry page.
:)

Thank you...

Agus Winarno

Posted by Mohammad Irfan <ir...@gmail.com>.
Hi Agus, are you from Indonesia? me too.

Btw, if you want to use the servlet object in tapestry 4 you can add
this property in the .page file of the page:

<inject property="request"
object="service:tapestry.globals.HttpServletRequest"/>
<inject property="response"
object="service:tapestry.globals.HttpServletResponse"/>

And in your java page model you could add this abstract method:

public abstract HttpServletRequest getRequest();

public abstract HttpServletResponse getResponse();

Hope it helps.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 2:28 PM, agus winarno <ag...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Can the servlet get object in session from tapestry 4?
> I try to get it, but can't. Looks like HttpSession in servlet is different
> from HttpSession in tapestry4.
> Thanks...
>
> Agus Winarno
>

> Norman Franke wrote:
>>
>> Those links are for Tapestry 5. I use multiple servlets in a single
>> application and haven't had a problem with Tapestry 4. I just map the
>> URLs uniquely in the web.xml.
>>
>> Norman Franke
>> Answering Service for Directors, Inc.
>> www.myasd.com
>>
>> On Apr 2, 2008, at 10:06 AM, Imran Amajd wrote:
>>

>>> Hello everybody,
>>>
>>> I m using Tapestry4 with spring & Hibernate. I am having a problem
>>> when i
>>> call my own java servlet with-in appcalication. The calling servlet
>>> sends
>>> response correctly but it causes HttpSession termination. i want
>>> tapestry to
>>> ignore this servlet request and let the container handle this request.
>>>
>>> The link  http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/guide/
>>> conf.html
>>> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/guide/conf.html
>>>
>>> describes about configurig Tapestry. At the end its mentions how we
>>> can tell
>>> tapestry to ignore certain URLs but it doesnot explain it in depth.
>>>
>>> Can any body help on how can IgnoredPathsFilter service be used to
>>> make it
>>> work. if you need to have application web.xml/hivemodule.xml i am
>>> happy to
>>> provide these.
>>>
>>> Thanks In Advance buddies.
>>>
>>> -Imran Amjad