Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by rth <ro...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/23 23:09:47 UTC

Connection configuration options: do cms options work in Java?

So this is a little weird. One of my QA colleagues ran out of memory in a
Java client. She was reading the docs and came across  this page
<http://activemq.apache.org/cms/configuring.html>  , which she did not
realize is documentation for ActiveMQ-CPP. Even though this was a Java
client, she added this option to her connection string:

cms.PrefetchPolicy.durableTopicPrefetch=10.

This is the weird part: that seemed to fix her out-of-memory problem on a
Java client.

Does that make any sense at all? Do the ActiveMQ-cpp options really work for
Java clients? Or was this some fluke and the test she's running is not as
deterministic in memory consumption as we think?

Re: Connection configuration options: do cms options work in Java?

Posted by rth <ro...@gmail.com>.
Never mind. I just found out she sent me the wrong link. She was using the
jms prefetch option after all.

Sorry for the spam.

Re: Connection configuration options: do cms options work in Java?

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 10/23/2015 05:09 PM, rth wrote:
> So this is a little weird. One of my QA colleagues ran out of memory in a
> Java client. She was reading the docs and came across  this page
> <http://activemq.apache.org/cms/configuring.html>  , which she did not
> realize is documentation for ActiveMQ-CPP. Even though this was a Java
> client, she added this option to her connection string:
>
> cms.PrefetchPolicy.durableTopicPrefetch=10.
>
> This is the weird part: that seemed to fix her out-of-memory problem on a
> Java client.
>
> Does that make any sense at all? Do the ActiveMQ-cpp options really work for
> Java clients? Or was this some fluke and the test she's running is not as
> deterministic in memory consumption as we think?

The java client would not pick this option up, given the cms. prefix.
For the java client the option would actually be:

jms.prefetchPolicy.durableTopicPrefetch=10

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.