Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Frederic Brodbeck <de...@gmx.de> on 2005/02/05 22:38:13 UTC

PERL update broke spamassassin?

hello!

recently I installed a newer perl package (5.8.5 -> 5.8.6)
now spamassassin doesn't work anymore :/
I tried re-installing the perl modules + sa + perl without any luck.

my procmail log looks like this:

[...]
>From froedi  Sun Jan 23 12:00:56 2005
 Subject:  Cheap Meds  Sun, 23 Jan 2005 11:21:06 +0300
  Folder: test                                                             7785
/usr/bin/spamassassin: line 19: use: command not found
/usr/bin/spamassassin: line 21: use: command not found
/usr/bin/spamassassin: line 23: my: command not found
/usr/bin/spamassassin: line 24: my: command not found
/usr/bin/spamassassin: line 25: my: command not found
/usr/bin/spamassassin: line 27: use: command not found
/usr/bin/spamassassin: line 29: BEGIN: command not found
/usr/bin/spamassassin: line 34: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/usr/bin/spamassassin: line 34: `  my @bin = File::Spec->splitpath($0);'
procmail: Program failure (2) of "/usr/bin/spamassassin"
procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded
[...]

what went wrong?
+ what else can I do to make it work again?

Frederic

Re: PERL update broke spamassassin?

Posted by Bart Schaefer <ba...@gmail.com>.
It looks as if /usr/bin/spamassassin is being executed by the shell,
attempting to interpret perl as shell commands.  This probably means
that your upgrade changed the path to the perl executable, so the #!
line at the top of /usr/bin/spamassassin is no longer pointing to the
right thing, but it must have something to do with the way procmail is
invoking spamassassin because normally you'd get a "no such file or
directory" error instead in that case.