Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/04 14:59:09 UTC

[Feedback tutorial required] - Camel 2.0 - ServiceMix - Apache Wicket - OSGI - CXF ...

Hi,

I have finalized the first draft of the second part of my tutorial about
Camel 2.0 / ServiceMix / CXF / OSGI / Apache Wicket

The purpose of the second part was to explain the how to design a simple
project where different concepts like :
- persistence (Hibernate/spring),
- routing (Apache Camel 2.0),
- mapping between CSV file and objects (using camel-bindy),
- webservices (Apache CXF - OSGI),
- osgi stuffs,
- packaging and deployment (features, PAX url),
- web application (Apache Wicket, PAX Web)
have been addressed.

The tutorial has been designed in 4 parts :

   -
   <http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/tutorial-osgi-camel-part1>
   - Part 2a : real example, architecture, project setup, database
creation<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/tutorial-osgi-camel-part2>
   - Part 2b : transform projects in
bundles<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/tutorial-osgi-camel-part2a>
   - Part 2c : add infrastructure and
routing<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/tutorial-osgi-camel-part2b>
   - Part 2d : web and
deployment<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/tutorial-osgi-camel-part2c>

link : http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/tutorial-osgi-camel-part2.html

Don't hesitate to provide me your remarks/comments before to distribute it !

Regards,

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect
Apache Camel Committer

*****************************
blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: [Feedback tutorial required] - Camel 2.0 - ServiceMix - Apache Wicket - OSGI - CXF ...

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
For servicemix part, I think the tutorial mainly use SMX as a container.
That is why I suggest to run the example with PAX Runner :)

Willem

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Charles,

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus
Apache Camel Reference Card:
http://refcardz.dzone.com/refcardz/enterprise-integration

Re: [Feedback tutorial required] - Camel 2.0 - ServiceMix - Apache Wicket - OSGI - CXF ...

Posted by berdoni <be...@gmail.com>.
Hello Charles,

is the latest code from GitHub applicable to the latest SMX4.4.2? I have
some issues when I'm trying to deploy it on smx with unsatisfied
dependencies on [(objectClass=javax.jms.ConnectionFactory)] (from bean
[&org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.OsgiServiceProxyFactoryBean].

thanks
nikos

Re: [Feedback tutorial required] - Camel 2.0 - ServiceMix - Apache Wicket - OSGI - CXF ...

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Just a quick feedback.
There is a spelling mistake in the big picture - Clonvert should be Convert.

> To summarize, the application is listening for incidents coming from web service or files
You might wanna highlight that its the CXF endpoint. People might
mistake it for the Wicket web page.

The model class. Why are the fields protected? And you could omit the
getter/setter on the wiki page.

At the end of the page its not clear that part2b is where you
continue. Charles there are a lot more text.
So you should probably make it much cleared how to navigate to the next page.

Interview with me:
http://architects.dzone.com/articles/interview-claus-ibsen-about?mz=7893-progress

Re: [Feedback tutorial required] - Camel 2.0 - ServiceMix - Apache Wicket - OSGI - CXF ...

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.