Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2008/02/21 09:22:41 UTC

Theme Handling

Hi,

currently we have the Theme and ThemeResolver interfaces in the core.
The support for themes is not yet implemented and we haven't discussed
this topic yet.

So I think we should either discuss this topic for an upcoming release
or remove this feature for now. I'm not sure if Sling should already
provide support for themes.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Theme Handling

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 7:54 AM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ... I agree that Theme support IS important. But as we do not have a good
>  approach to that at the moment, we should merely remove it and bring it
>  back in as we know more....

Yes - if people have requirements/ideas, feel free to discuss them
here or create a proposal on
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SLING .

But let's not invest too much energy in this before we do a first release.

-Bertrand

Re: Theme Handling

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,

Am Donnerstag, den 21.02.2008, 14:41 +0000 schrieb
eric.marts@acquitygroup.com:
> I am okay with that, but it is important capability for Sling. AKA microsite support

I agree that Theme support IS important. But as we do not have a good
approach to that at the moment, we should merely remove it and bring it
back in as we know more. Adding API is always much easier than removing
or modifying existing API.

Regards
Felix

> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Re: Theme Handling

Posted by er...@acquitygroup.com.

Re: Theme Handling

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Re: Theme Handling

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

+1 for removing for now. It does not belong to the core.

After all it is implemented as a Request Filter and can just as easy be
done outside the core. The SlingHttpServletRequest.getTheme() method can
IMHO also be dropped without replacement as we have absolutely no clue
how such a Theme would be implemented.

Regards
Felix

Re: Theme Handling