Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by S Ahmed <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/23 21:03:33 UTC

understanding how kafka reads/writes files

Can someone point me to how kafka reads/writes to files in such an
effecient manner?

I remember watching a video where they described it briefly, it was
basically taking advantage of java nio but that is all I can recall.

Looking for some good articles that go over what makes it performant etc.

BTW, what files in the source should I be looking at to get a better idea?

TIA.

Re: understanding how kafka reads/writes files

Posted by chetan conikee <co...@gmail.com>.
Hello

First in foremost , the kafka scalathon project (
https://github.com/nehanarkhede/kafka-scalathon) has been a great help for
me in terms of bootstrapping my learning curve on kafka.

There were 2 issues that I wanted to bring to your attention :

1. The partitioner example with Kafka 0.7 does not seem to be working. All
the messages seem to be heading toward only one consumer (although 2
consumers were running)

2. An internal LinkedIn repo is reference in the build (
https://github.com/nehanarkhede/kafka
-scalathon/blob/master/project/build/ScalathonProject.scala) - "
http://esv4-cm01.corp.linkedin.com:8081/artifactory/ext-libraries"
My workaround to this was to reference my local repository (after a
publish-local from kafka 0.7.0 build)

Would really appreciate if you could let me know if I am missing anything.

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Ahmed,