Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/28 19:37:37 UTC

Hangout notes from Tuesday

Quick PSA for anyone who sees these messages and wants to attend. We have a
weekly google hangout on Tuesdays at 10am Pacific time. There are no
requirements for showing up, anyone with an interest in Drill can join. We
send out a message with the link as the meeting is starting as a reminder.

Drill hangout 1/26/2015

Attendees: Parth, Jacques, Jason, Andries, Stefan

- release outstanding issues
    - JDBC complex types
    - Merge join issue
        - Amit looking at it today

    - calcite fork
        - there are two patches on the tip of calcite branch that are
          associated with commit that looks like it hasn't made it into
          apache master
    - jdbc-all
        - Andries says there are some issues with conflicts with libraries
          in applications
        - this should shade anything that isn't Drill-specific
            - please file JIRAs if there are any library conflicts while
              using jdbc-all
    - parquet date fix
        - full date fix is complete
        - should be tested as part of the release
    - stefan
        - secondary index probing into a lucene for a join
        - jacques thinks we need to implement a new operator
        - Stefan
            - Lucene isn't actually a secondary index, it has all of the
              necessary fields for one side of the join stored in the index