Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tony Auerbach <to...@hotmail.com> on 2001/12/06 05:06:01 UTC

CGI limit?

I'm running Apache 1.3 on Win2k and I've found that it will only run two CGI apps at a time, at least when the requests come from the same machine.  I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior or knows if this is configurable and where?  I've looked through httpd.conf and I didn't see anything that looked like it would help.  MaxRequestsPerChild and ThreadsPerChild are set at their defaults of 0 and 50 respectively.

This is how I tested.  Wrote a small perl script that sleeps for five seconds and then returns a "Hello World" string.  I opened four browser windows on my machine and pointed them at that script.  I refreshed them one after another quickly.  I would see all four waiting, then two would refresh one after the other, then about a five second pause then the other two would refresh.  I watched the task manager during this and could only ever see two instances of perl running at a time.  I wrote a similar .bat file and tested with it to rule out perl as the problem and found the same results.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?  Any ideas where to look?  I've looked through the httpd.conf file, the FAQ and the documetation but I didn't see anything that refered to this type of behavior.

Thanks,
Tony

Re: CGI limit?

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.
Tony Auerbach wrote:

> I found the answer to my own question.  It was not Apache but IE that was producing the behavior.  Aparently it will only submit two requests at a time.

This is a good reason why you should keep a few browsers - in addition
to IE, I have Netscape and Opera. Both of these are free so there's no
reason not to have them on your PC all you windows fans.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.

Re: CGI limit?

Posted by Tony Auerbach <to...@hotmail.com>.

Re: web is not accessible

Posted by RuneImp <ru...@imptech.net>.
You only have a local IP address for your LAN. You need an IP address that is visible from the Internet and access through the company firewall as well. Talk to your admin about an external IP & firewall access.

-=- RuneImp
ImpTech - Web Design, Hosting & Computer Tech
http://imptech.net
rune@imptech.net

  Hi, I have a question probably not related to apache. I built a web site for our lab using RedHat 7.2 with specified static IP, gateway and so on, however the problem I met is that I can visit it only within certain area such as local area network, and I cannot visit the web from other building's network. What is the problem? Please help me.

  thanks

  Li

web is not accessible

Posted by Li Tan <li...@ou.edu>.