Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Aditya Sharma <ad...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2017/10/04 11:15:47 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] The Big Book for Apache OFBiz Data Model 2017 Released

Hello All,

It gives me immense pleasure informing you all that we have updated *The Big
Book of Apache OFBiz Data Model* according to the latest trunk version.

The key features:
* Colored content with titles according to the internal color pattern.
* Addition of a separate page for integration specific entities.
* Removal of technical process diagrams, making it specific for entities.
* Addition of 77 new entities.
* Removal of 8 entities.
* Addition of around 200+ new fields in entities (Though major portion
includes the addition of description or attrDescription fields in
*Attribute or *TypeAttr entities).
* Removal of 24 fields.

I have uploaded the files on Data Model Diagrams page. Here is the link
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/8ILK>.

Cheers!

*Aditya Sharma* | Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-sharma-78291810a/>

Re: [ANNOUNCE] The Big Book for Apache OFBiz Data Model 2017 Released

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Taher,

With the color code on a field, we can find the entity page of that
particular field. I will add an example to show how it works.

Thanks and Regards,

Posted by Yash Sharma <ya...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Great Effort !!

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <as...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Amazing work Aditya, Sonal, Pranay and Deepak.

PS: Aditya, I would recommend one small modification to change the file
names. It will help the future visitor to easily identify the content of
the attached PDF/Big Book when they are traversing from top to bottom.

CombinedBookContent.pdf -> OFBizDatamodelBook_TOC_20171004.pdf

CombinedBook2017.pdf - OFBizDatamodelBook_Combined_20171004.pdf

--
Kind Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 4:45 PM, Aditya Sharma <

Re: Date model original source files, was: Re: [ANNOUNCE] The Big Book for Apache OFBiz Data Model 2017 Released

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Michael,

During the commencement of this work, I had several discussion with Pranay
on how we can migrate these artifacts from OmniGraffle to any other freely
available tool like draw.io. The initial idea was to migrate it to a tool
like draw.io and then update it. We put a lot of efforts to this task but
couldn't reach a better solution.

We still strive to this effort & will update community if we find some way
out of it.

I have created a ticket OFBIZ-9857
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9857> to upload the newly
updated files & will soon upload the files.

Thanks and Regards,

*Aditya Sharma* | Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-sharma-78291810a/>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi All,

I have answered there, please if you are interested give us your opinion

Thanks

Jacques

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Michael, Jacques,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Michael,

Date model original source files, was: Re: [ANNOUNCE] The Big Book for Apache OFBiz Data Model 2017 Released

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi everyone,

Posted by Giulio Speri - MpStyle Srl <gi...@mpstyle.it>.
Really great work!

Thanks Aditya!

Regards,

Giulio

> Hello All,
>
> It gives me immense pleasure informing you all that we have updated *The
> Big
> Book of Apache OFBiz Data Model* according to the latest trunk version.
>
> The key features:
> * Colored content with titles according to the internal color pattern.
> * Addition of a separate page for integration specific entities.
> * Removal of technical process diagrams, making it specific for entities.
> * Addition of 77 new entities.
> * Removal of 8 entities.
> * Addition of around 200+ new fields in entities (Though major portion
> includes the addition of description or attrDescription fields in
> *Attribute or *TypeAttr entities).
> * Removal of 24 fields.
>
> I have uploaded the files on Data Model Diagrams page. Here is the link
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/8ILK>.
>
> Cheers!
>
> *Aditya Sharma* | Enterprise Software Engineer
> HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-sharma-78291810a/>

--
Giulio Speri

*Mp Styl**e Srl*
via Antonio Meucci, 37
41019 Limidi di Soliera (MO)
T 059/684916
M 334/3779851

www.mpstyle.it

Re: [ANNOUNCE] The Big Book for Apache OFBiz Data Model 2017 Released

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Well done Aditya and everyone else involved in this effort. You rock!

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hello Aditya,

Thank you for the big effort. Looks great.

One question, is there a meaning to the color coding? If yes, can't we
provide a legend for the color codes?

Posted by Ratnesh Upadhyay <up...@gmail.com>.
Nice Work. Thanks, everyone!

Regards,
Ratnesh Upadhyay

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 7:16 PM, Aditya Sharma <

Posted by Swapnil Mane <sw...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Super, thanks so much everyone!
Highly appreciated work. Indeed, this is an invaluable document :)

- Best Regards,
Swapnil M Mane

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1

Maybe also a note in the monthly blog post

Jacques

Posted by Sonal Patwari <so...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Ashish,
Thanks for your inputs, we have made the appropriate changes suggested by
you.

Thanks & Regards,

www.hotwaxsystems.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] The Big Book for Apache OFBiz Data Model 2017 Released

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <as...@hotwaxsystems.com>.