Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by AJ Chen <ca...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/20 23:56:14 UTC

Avro schema registry error

I use avro for kafka message. When producing avro message, it fails to
access schema registry,
ERROR io.confluent.kafka.schemaregistry.client.rest.RestService - Failed to
send HTTP request to endpoint:
http://localhost:8081/subjects/avro_emp-value/versions

When using confluent schema registry, dose it require to explicitly start
the local registry? Is there a free public avro schema registry available
to use?

Thanks,
aj

Re: Avro schema registry error

Posted by AJ Chen <aj...@web2express.org>.
Thanks, Liam. Will run registry along side kafka
.
-aj

Posted by Liam Clarke-Hutchinson <li...@adscale.co.nz>.
Hi AJ,