Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by brother <ob...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/30 20:39:23 UTC

Container related questions

I am a novice in ActiveMQ and would like to understand the various pros and
cons or/and recommendation of the most appropriate container to use to host
ActiveMQ/Broker.
As a default, what is the container the installation package comes with?
I would also like to perform so logic on some incoming messages. I have seen
that Camel may be the best option to do this. I am planning to host a few
JAXRS services onto CXF, would the best option decouple CXF from the default
ActiveMQ install?
So I am more and more thinking of architecting thew solution as:
- Run ActiveMQ into its default container (the one pre-packaged) unless
someone has a better recommendation.
- Run my business logic into CXF
- Use Camel as a glue between the 2 containers.

Thanks for your input

B-

Re: Container related questions

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

you can always run ActiveMQ as a standalone application on your machine.
Camel is integrated into ActiveMQ, so you can configure it there.

Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net