Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Shaohua Ma <ma...@appliedbiosystems.com> on 2003/09/12 22:10:29 UTC

out of memory error with TestDiskCache

Hi,

I am new with JCS, so pls forgive my ignorent.

set up.
downloaded jcs-1.0.jar and three commons.xxx.jar and junit.jar;
copied TestDiskCache.java from
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/jcs/xref-test/index.html(only mod is
package).
copied a config file. contents below

test
run test. a success.
modified number of items to 200000, out of memory.

Could someone tell me what is the problem? 200000 keys won't consume that
much memory, would them?

Thanks.

shaohua

config file ( I tried with different maxobjects attr and no help)

# Cache configuration for the 'TestDiskCache' test. The memory cache has a
# a maximum of 100 objects, so objects should get pushed into the disk
cache

jcs.default=indexedDiskCache
jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

# SYSTEM GROUP ID CACHE
jcs.system.groupIdCache=indexedDiskCache
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

##### CACHE REGIONS FOR TEST

jcs.region.indexedRegion1=indexedDiskCache
jcs.region.indexedRegion1.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.indexedRegion1.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=5000
jcs.region.indexedRegion1.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

jcs.region.indexedRegion2=indexedDiskCache
jcs.region.indexedRegion2.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.indexedRegion2.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=100
jcs.region.indexedRegion2.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

jcs.region.indexedRegion3=indexedDiskCache
jcs.region.indexedRegion3.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.indexedRegion3.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=100
jcs.region.indexedRegion3.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

jcs.region.indexedRegion4=indexedDiskCache2
jcs.region.indexedRegion4.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.indexedRegion4.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=100
jcs.region.indexedRegion4.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

##### AUXILIARY CACHES

# Indexed Disk Cache
jcs.auxiliary.indexedDiskCache=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.indexedDiskCache.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.indexedDiskCache.attributes.DiskPath=D:/archive/jcs/indexed-disk-cache

# Indexed Disk Cache
jcs.auxiliary.indexedDiskCache2=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.indexedDiskCache2.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.indexedDiskCache2.attributes.DiskPath=D:/archive/jcs/indexed-disk-cache2

RE: out of memory error with TestDiskCache

Posted by Aaron Smuts <aa...@wisc.edu>.
There cache isn't made to just dump items into it as fast as possible.

Hmmn

Aaron

Posted by Daniel Rosenbaum <dr...@yahoo.com>.
Shaohua,