Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Kumar Jayapal <kj...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/24 02:55:19 UTC

Unable to connect to beeline after kerberos is installed

Unable to connect to beeline after kerberos is installed I am getting this
error. Let me know if an one has resolution for it.

*Error: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri:
jdbc:hive2://hiven001.np.mmc.com:10000/
<http://hiven001.np.mmc.com:10000/>: Peer indicated failure: Unsupported
mechanism type PLAIN (state=08S01,code=0)*

2015-11-24 00:54:21,869 ERROR org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer:
Error occurred during processing of message.
java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: Unsupported mechanism type
PLAIN
        at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport$Factory.getTransport(TSaslServerTransport.java:219)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.HadoopThriftAuthBridge$Server$TUGIAssumingTransportFactory$1.run(HadoopThriftAuthBridge.java:739)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.HadoopThriftAuthBridge$Server$TUGIAssumingTransportFactory$1.run(HadoopThriftAuthBridge.java:736)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1651)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.HadoopThriftAuthBridge$Server$TUGIAssumingTransportFactory.getTransport(HadoopThriftAuthBridge.java:736)
        at
org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:268)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: Unsupported
mechanism type PLAIN
        at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.sendAndThrowMessage(TSaslTransport.java:232)
        at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport.handleSaslStartMessage(TSaslServerTransport.java:138)
        at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.open(TSaslTransport.java:271)
        at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport.open(TSaslServerTransport.java:41)
        at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport$Factory.getTransport(TSaslServerTransport.java:216)
        ... 10 more

Thanks
Jay

Re: Unable to connect to beeline after kerberos is installed

Posted by Buds <ne...@budslab.com>.
You have to provide principal name
Beeline Kerberos

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Buds <ne...@budslab.com>.

Posted by Buds <ne...@budslab.com>.

Posted by Kumar Jayapal <kj...@gmail.com>.
Hello Arpan and Neeraj,

Thanks for the response.  I have checked the setting in hive and sentry on
my production servers they are exactly the same. It works find in Prod but
not in my test environment. Is there any thing else I am missing.

Thanks
Jay

Thanks
Jay