Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2013/09/07 10:47:20 UTC

Problem with PayPal donations to the Apache Software Foundation

To the Apache fundraisers: a user (see below for context) reported a
problem with PayPal donations to the Apache Software Foundation account,
used for Apache OpenOffice donations.

Indeed the button at

http://www.apache.org/foundation/contributing.html#Paypal

leads to the following error message:
   ---
Apache Software Foundation
Your purchase couldn't be completed

This recipient is currently unable to receive money.
Your purchase couldn't be completed
There's a problem with the merchant's PayPal account. Please try again
later.
   ---

Can this be analyzed/fixed?

Thanks,
   Andrea.

Re: Problem with PayPal donations to the Apache Software Foundation

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <da...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Sep 07, 2013 at 10:47:20AM +0200, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> To the Apache fundraisers: a user (see below for context) reported a
> problem with PayPal donations to the Apache Software Foundation
> account, used for Apache OpenOffice donations.
>
> Indeed the button at
>
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/contributing.html#Paypal
>
> leads to the following error message:

Thanks for the report.  We're looking into the issue and updated the website
to note it.  We hope it will be fixed in a few days so it would be great if
you could retry the donation then.  Thanks for your interest in the ASF!