Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by siddharth <si...@fastmail.fm> on 2003/04/09 13:18:23 UTC

very basic question related to j_security_check

I am using form-based authentication for my webapp. So i created the
login page and submited the form to  "j_security_check", with username
and password with names j_username and j_password respectively.

I want to ask, what "j_security_check" actually is ???  I know that it
does the authentication and checks for username password and the role.
And is all these things are correct it forwards to the protected page
which was requested by the user.

But i want to know is it possible to get value of j_username  in the
session so that it will be used whereever required in my webapp.

Is it possible to create custom authentication module by extending
"j_security_check" ?? so that some more details will be checked while
logging in.

Whats the use of fillters in such senario ?
--
  siddharth
  siddharth@fastmail.fm

--