Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Tuong Truong <ir...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/09/12 18:56:32 UTC

Blog posting on Sentry 1.4.0

Hi dev team,

Here is a quick post on the latest release that we plan put post on Apache blog.. Let me know if you have any comment -

Apache Sentry 1.4.0-Incubating released!!!

On August 19,  the Sentry community announced the release of Apache Sentry 1.4.0-incubating.  Significant works have gone into this release where 116 defects were fixed, 8 improvements were made, and 10 new features were added by the team.

The most notable feature added to this release was the persistence of security policies into a database store (a.k.a DB based provider).   This new feature allows for dynamic policy changes in Sentry.  With the corresponding enhancement in Hive authorization hook,  Sentry 1.4.0-incubating is integrated with Hive’s GRANT and REVOKE DDL processing to dynamically capture policy changes into Sentry policy.  Sentry also provides hook into the Hive Metastore Service to protect it against changes not authorized by the security policy.
The complete list of bugfixes, improvements and features in Sentry 1.4.0-incubating can be viewed at:  http://s.apache.org/ApB

Respectfully,
Tuong

Re: Blog posting on Sentry 1.4.0