Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Rob Stone <ro...@rostrvm.com> on 2010/11/18 17:14:28 UTC

Patch for rendering landscape view correctly with PdfViewer

Hello All,

I've recently been using pdfbox to provide an embedded PDF viewer in one
of our applications. The PDF orientation can either be landscape or
portrait and to save my users having to tilt their heads to one side
when using landscape mode I had a go at patching pdfbox to produce a
more user 'comfortable' display ;)

I've patched my local trunk copy and the attached diff makes the
necessary changes to the PDFPagePanel class. I basically copied some of
the code from the PDPage.convertToImage method, I'm sure there is a more
elegant way of doing this but without understanding how the code works
my quick and dirty patch does the trick.

Regards
Robert Stone
Systems Consultant
Rostrvm Solutions Ltd

www.rostrvm.com

Re: Patch for rendering landscape view correctly with PdfViewer

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Am 18.11.10 17:14, schrieb Rob Stone:
> Hello All,
>
> I've recently been using pdfbox to provide an embedded PDF viewer in one
> of our applications. The PDF orientation can either be landscape or
> portrait and to save my users having to tilt their heads to one side
> when using landscape mode I had a go at patching pdfbox to produce a
> more user 'comfortable' display ;)
>
> I've patched my local trunk copy and the attached diff makes the
> necessary changes to the PDFPagePanel class. I basically copied some of
> the code from the PDPage.convertToImage method, I'm sure there is a more
> elegant way of doing this but without understanding how the code works
> my quick and dirty patch does the trick.
Thanks for the contribution! Please create an issue on jira [1] and
attach your patch to it. Please don't forget to check the "grant" box,
so that we can include your changes.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX