Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> on 2008/02/11 13:33:23 UTC

Integration tests fail

Since this morning, checking out clean from svn, I can no longer build
Sling using Maven.
The integration tests (testNodeAccess, testTextJson, ...) all fail
with the message "junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Server does
not seem to be ready, after 30000 msec"

Anything going on in the codebase right now?

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Akersgata 16, N-0158 Oslo, Norway

Re: Integration tests fail

Posted by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>.
On 2/13/08, Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Feb 13, 2008 10:32 AM, Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> wrote:
>
> > ...I'm still unable to build (integration tests fail),..
>
> Just tried building revision 627328, and form some reason the
> launchpad-webapp integration tests fail when running "mvn clean
> install" from the top-level sling directory, but they pass (except the
> UjaxDateValuesTest as Carsten indicates) if running the same command
> directly from the launchpad/launchpad-webapp directory.
>
> >... and I still get
> > the javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException when trying to post content...
>
> Haven't seen that problem. You might need to run "mvn clean" in the
> launchpad-webapp folder to delete any existing temporary JCR
> repository before running "mvn jetty:run" there.

Hmmm, I tried "mvn clean" everywhere I could imagine, but to no avail.
However, I deleted the entire Sling directory, did a fresh svn
checkout, and now everything works nicely.
Thanks for your help!

Re: Integration tests fail

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Feb 13, 2008 10:32 AM, Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> wrote:

> ...I'm still unable to build (integration tests fail),..

Just tried building revision 627328, and form some reason the
launchpad-webapp integration tests fail when running "mvn clean
install" from the top-level sling directory, but they pass (except the
UjaxDateValuesTest as Carsten indicates) if running the same command
directly from the launchpad/launchpad-webapp directory.

>... and I still get
> the javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException when trying to post content...

Haven't seen that problem. You might need to run "mvn clean" in the
launchpad-webapp folder to delete any existing temporary JCR
repository before running "mvn jetty:run" there.

>.. And is the 15-minutes guide out of date?..

It should not, except the default launchpad port number which was
recently changed to 8888 instead of 8080.

-Bertrand

Re: Integration tests fail

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Vidar Ramdal wrote:
>> Vidar Ramdal wrote:
>>> Don't know if this is related, but if I skip integration tests (using
>>> -Dmaven.test.skip=true), and run
>>> curl -F"sling:resourceType=foo/bar" -F"title=some title"
>>> http://admin:admin@localhost:8888/content/mynode (as per
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/sling/site/discover-sling-in-15-minutes.html)
>>> .... I get the following error:
>>>
>>> Error while processing /content/mynode
>>> javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException: /content/mynode
>
> On 2/11/08, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> it seems that the latest changes do not handle post calls in the same
>> way they did before. Therefore the test check for the integration tests
>> always fails.
>>
>> This is hopefully a temporary problem and we'll fix it :)
>
> I'm still unable to build (integration tests fail), and I still get
> the javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException when trying to post content.
>
> Is there anybody out there that is able to build Sling right now?
> And is the 15-minutes guide out of date?

Currently, I still have one failing test. Did you try a "mvn clean" on
the whole project?

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler