Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> on 2007/01/31 13:01:51 UTC

[OT] Problems with users@tomcat.apache.org

Hi,

Few days ago I changed my email address for Tomcat Users List
with standard unsubscribe/subscribe, and although I can receive
messages, send messages, I cannot see the messages send by me.
(mladen_dot_turk_at_gmail_dot_com)

It looks others can see the messages I sent.
They are even listed on
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-users/200701.mbox/browser
but like said, I'm not receiving the messages I send.
Am I missing something trivial?

Regards,
Mladen.

Re: [OT] Problems with users@tomcat.apache.org

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Thanks Mark and Yoav!
As I suspected, it is a 'trivial feature' of gmail :)

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hi,
I've had something similar happen with GMail on several occassions.
It tries to be smart and see if sender address = your address, and in
that case not show "duplicates" in your inbox.

To test, try sending a message to the list from another address, e.g.
your apache.org one, or another mail client, and see if the list
message shows up in your GMail inbox.

Yoav

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Mladen Turk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Few days ago I changed my email address for Tomcat Users List
> with standard unsubscribe/subscribe, and although I can receive
> messages, send messages, I cannot see the messages send by me.
> (mladen_dot_turk_at_gmail_dot_com)
>
> It looks others can see the messages I sent.
> They are even listed on
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-users/200701.mbox/browser
> but like said, I'm not receiving the messages I send.
> Am I missing something trivial?

This is a 'feature' of gmail. It spots the message is the same as the
one in your sent items and doesn't create a duplicate.

Mark