Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by JavaDonkey <ca...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/22 15:38:25 UTC

Challenging Problem - Help badly needed

Hi,

I have an axis applicaton running.  There are situations where the clients
will send a HTTP Post without any SOAP envelope and the application should
process a set of operations and send out a response.  What happens now is
that as Axis expects a SOAP request, it throws an exception as soon as it
receives this request.  I tried the following approaches.......

I tried to use a filter.  But I am not able to update the request object
with a soap envelope.  At the filter, one can only add parameters(Query
strings) to the request object.  One cannot add anything to the HTTP body.

I tried to tackle it at my handler, after disabling the exception at the
AxisServlet.  But when I create SOAP message and add it to the
MessageContext, it throws
java.lang.ClassCastException:
com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.ver1_1.Message1_1Impl
	at org.apache.axis.MessageContext.setMessage(MessageContext.java:796)

I tried a lot but to no use.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanxxx

Re: Challenging Problem - Help badly needed

Posted by JavaDonkey <ca...@gmail.com>.
I guess it wouldn't be a problem if the non-SOAP requests are sent to a
different URL.......

Jeff and Martin, Thanxxx for the quick replies.

Posted by Andrew Martin <am...@regenstrief.org>.