Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by shahajay12 <sh...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/12 14:55:11 UTC

Jmeter SSL protocol Issue

Apache Jmeter 2.13
Apache Jmeter 3.2

Our main site is behind a Single sign on server (SSO - Oracle identity
Manager).

The main site uses TLSv1.2 as the protocol whereas the SSO uses TLSv1
protocol.

Main site -> TLSv1.2

SSO site -> TLSv1

When SSO (singlesignon) is successful, it redirects to the main site.

My problem: How do I switch protocols from TLSv1 to TLSv1.2 between SSO and
the redirected site within Jmeter ?

So far I have tried : system.properties`

https.socket.protocols=TLSv1 TLSv1.2` -> works only for main site which
support TLSv1.2 but fails for SSO which supports TLSv1

Then I tried

https.socket.protocols=TLSv1` -> works for SSO site but once redirected to
main site SSL handshake fails

Is there any way at UI level to specify SSL protocol at per request level ?

Re: Jmeter SSL protocol Issue

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 12.05.2017 um 16:55 schrieb shahajay12:
> Apache Jmeter 2.13
> Apache Jmeter 3.2
>
> Our main site is behind a Single sign on server (SSO - Oracle identity
> Manager).
>
> The main site uses TLSv1.2 as the protocol whereas the SSO uses TLSv1
> protocol.
>
> Main site -> TLSv1.2
>
> SSO site -> TLSv1
>
> When SSO (singlesignon) is successful, it redirects to the main site.
>
> My problem: How do I switch protocols from TLSv1 to TLSv1.2 between SSO and
> the redirected site within Jmeter ?
Why do you want to switch by hand? JMeter should handle the different
protocols on its own.

> So far I have tried : system.properties`
>
> https.socket.protocols=TLSv1 TLSv1.2` -> works only for main site which
> support TLSv1.2 but fails for SSO which supports TLSv1
Why do you set those properties in the first place?

Regards,
  Felix