Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2007/04/10 23:06:18 UTC

Re: [DBF] What are the plans?

Ahmed Mohombe <am...@yahoo.com> writes:

>> Could you please inform the users(a little bit more detailed) what are
>> the plans for it?
>Anyone? No one ? (from the Velocity team?)

We had easter holidays. No rush, please...

The plan is easy: Now it is released. There are docs on
http://velocity.apache.org/docbook/. The formal relase and vote is
necessary so we can redistribute it from apache.org and not everyone
has to build it themselves.

The master plan for the framework is to be used for the Velocity
Documentation. If you are interested in this, there is a
work-in-progress available from
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/velocity/docs/.

Check it out and build, look at the result. This is the work that I
will finish up in the next few days.

That was the point of designing the DBF. If it gets more users and/or
sprout a community, great. If it moves sufficently out of the Velocity
scope (it is generic, after all), at some point it will move somewhere
else; until then it is the part of the Velocity project that builds
our docs.

I know that the UIMA (http://incubator.apache.org/projects/uima.html)
picked up an early version of it and use it to build their docs. I
hope to roll their changes into the DBF as soon as Marshall finds some
time to send me the patches.

If you have requests, ideas, enhancements, great! The current state is
"as good as I need it to be", a list of things that can be improved is
listed at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/velocity/docbook/trunk/TODO

Help welcome.

	Best regards
		Henning

>Thanks in advance,

>Ahmed.

Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux,               |gls
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache person              |eau
Open Source Consulting, Development, Design    | Velocity - Turbine guy     |rwc
                                                                            |m k
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fuerth, HRB 7350     |a s
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Buckenhof. Geschaeftsfuehrer: Henning Schmiedehausen |n

	       "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."