Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/13 19:39:07 UTC

Integration test harness for Jackrabbit

Hi,

As you may already have noticed, I've been setting up a series of
integration tests for Jackrabbit in the jackrabbit-test-harness
project I started in the sandbox. The idea is to have a test harness
where we can put expensive integration tests that don't need to be run
for each build or commit but that we still should be keeping an eye
on.

Currently I have there a set of backwards compatibility tests and a
simple XML import stress test, and I'm planning to stuff like J2EE
container integration tests, the WebDAV litmus test suite, and some
performance tests based on JCR-1437.

I'm not sure if we can run this test harness on Apache hardware as
that might end up costing quite a bit of computing resources.
Currently I have a local Hudson install at work where I run these
tests nightly. I'll see if I can set things up so that for example the
test results are automatically published to my home directory on
people.apache.org.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Integration test harness for Jackrabbit

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently I have there a set of backwards compatibility tests [...]

I modified the test suite a bit to make it easier to add tests for
alternative repository configurations. Now you can add a new backwards
compatibility test simply by putting a repository configuration file
in src/test/resources in one of the create1x projects inside
sandbox/jackrabbit-test-harness/compatibility.

For example, I created test cases for Jackrabbit 1.3 with bundle
persistence and Jackrabbit 1.4 with data store by adding the
repository configuration files create13/src/test/resources/bundle.xml
and create14/src/test/resources/datastore.xml. Feel free to add new
tests as you see fit.

I'll add a create15 directory shortly. I'll also try to come up with
an easy way to test cluster configurations.

BR,

Jukka Zitting