Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Peri Srinivas <ps...@arzoo.com> on 2001/02/20 19:41:01 UTC

struts portability.

Hi ,
    I just bumped  on to project  where  I  had  a  code base  working with 0.5  version of Struts.
    After replacing with 1.0  i discovered  there  were  quite a   bunch of chages like.
        1)ValidatingActionForm  --changed from Interface  to class.
        2)Methods of ActionBase changed thier  signatures.
                eg: 1)getResources
                      2)saveErrors.

   Can  we assume the backWord  compatiblity  of  1.0  when   we have future versions.

T,
Peri

Re: struts portability.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Peri Srinivas wrote:

> Hi ,    I just bumped  on to project  where  I  had  a  code base
> working with 0.5 version of Struts.    After replacing with 1.0  i
> discovered  there  were  quite a   bunch of chages like.
> 1)ValidatingActionForm  --changed from Interface  to class.
> 2)Methods of ActionBase changed thier  signatures.                eg:
> 1)getResources                      2)saveErrors.    Can  we assume
> the backWord  compatiblity  of  1.0  when   we have future
> versions. T,Peri

To the maximum degree possible, you should be able to count on backwards
compatibility within the 1.x family.  That is why the extensive changes
between 0.5 and 1.0 were made now, *before* the 1.0 final release.

Craig McClanahan

Re: struts portability.

Posted by Maya Muchnik <mm...@pumatech.com>.
Or at least a list what we need to do to make the appropriate
conversions (from 1.0 and forward).