Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Cliff PETERSON <cp...@weber.edu> on 2002/01/18 17:43:37 UTC

Apache on NetWare version 6

First, I'm a total novice to Apache. I have been involved with the
repair and programing of both mainframes (IBM) and PCs since the early
1960's. I learn fast.

My problem and question follows. I have just installed a Novell NetWare
6 server which comes with the Apache Web server included. From what I
read in general Apache books, the main configuration is located in file
httpd.conf. When I look in that file I find it is a generic file that
doesn't include any of the configuration information for my server. I
find the actual configuration information in a file adminserv.conf. I
would like to create a name-based virtual host (very basic) for my
personal use while learning this platform but I'm missing something
here. Steps I have already taken are-

1. I have a DNS entry for both the Apache server and a different entry
for the virtual host both pointing to the same IP address. Both return

2. In the adminserv.conf I made the following entries
<VirtualHost (my virtual host name):80>
       ServerName (my virtual host name)
       DocumentRoot SYS:(my path)
</VirtualHost>

3.  In (my path) I put a index.html file.

When I try to access this machine I get the default Apache index.html
instead of my page.

I could use some guidance, PLEASE.

Cliff

Re: Apache on NetWare version 6

Posted by Adam Stephen <Ad...@jet.uk>.
You also need to add a NameVirtualHost directive.

See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/name-based.html

Regards,
Adam