Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com> on 2007/04/16 18:39:46 UTC

[Fwd: Call for Papers Opens for ApacheCon US 2007]

1024D/EC88A0BF 0DE5 C55C 6BF3 B235 2DAB  B89E 1324 9B4F EC88 A0BF

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.

Re: [Fwd: Call for Papers Opens for ApacheCon US 2007]

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:
> Issac Goldstand wrote:
>> ISn't that kind of short notice?  Even for a proposal and certainly for
>> the paper...
>
> it is what it is, and I suspect that the deadline is meant to be just
> before the conference committee meets for ApacheCon EU the following week.
>
> as for the distinction between "proposal" and "paper" you imply, there
> really isn't one - this should really be "call for proposals" as all
> that's required is a short description of your suggested conference
> session or tutorial (as opposed to a full academic paper or somesuch).

 From planners@,
The correct date is Monday, April 30th, not 23rd. Thanks.

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.

 From planners@,

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.
Issac Goldstand wrote:
> ISn't that kind of short notice?  Even for a proposal and certainly for
> the paper...

it is what it is, and I suspect that the deadline is meant to be just
before the conference committee meets for ApacheCon EU the following week.

as for the distinction between "proposal" and "paper" you imply, there
really isn't one - this should really be "call for proposals" as all
that's required is a short description of your suggested conference
session or tutorial (as opposed to a full academic paper or somesuch).

--Geoff

Re: [Fwd: Call for Papers Opens for ApacheCon US 2007]

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.