Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Philippe Dion <di...@hotmail.com> on 2001/07/23 20:02:40 UTC

How to integrate flash request into struts ...

Hello!
I have a problem. A strange problem.
I'm new to struts tougth i have a strong programming background.
I wish to use flash with struts. What I want is to use the "loadVariables"
function of flash. What this function do is to open a http connection to the
server and read and process the stdout.(println in jsp). To do that i connect
to a "jsp" file and pass variables in the http header (just as any HTML form)
to the "jsp". My problem is the jsp file redirect the swf to the jsp and load
the jsp in place of the swf. Can you help? Are there a way to connect and read
to the jsp script without reloading the page just as I can do with ASP???
This trick work fine with ASP,CGI and other.
What I would do in CGI is to write a script reading the query string
and print out on the stdout. Without the swf to be reloading.
Thank for any help or for pointing me somewhere I can find a solution!!

Pi Guy