Posted to users@maven.apache.org by fa...@mpsa.com on 2004/08/19 11:29:04 UTC

Skip the tag and version name prompts of scm:prepare-release?

Hi,

when using scm:prepare-release, it seems impossible to skip the prompt of
the tag and version name (looking at the plugin.jelly file). So how do you
handle multi-project build when you use this goal? (i.e. before releasing
the sub-projects, you wanna tag them in the CVS)
This is not convenient to wait for the prompts each time a project is being
prepared for the release, is it?

Wouldn't it be better to ask for this information only if it is not
provided? (as for the scm:perform-release goal)

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Thanks

Best regards,
Fabrice.

Re: Skip the tag and version name prompts of scm:prepare-release?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
In a multiproject I build, I still tend to release components
individually, and then update the other parts of the project to use
the new version.

- Brett