Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Filippo Balicchia <fb...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/07 13:38:37 UTC

my own appender

Hello,
I try to create my own appender but when i start my servicemix 4.3.0
it seems that dosen't write log file.

This is what i done :

I have define my log4j.properties

log4j.rootLogger=INFO, FILE
log4j.appender.FILE=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.FILE.File=mylFilelog.log
log4j.appender.FILE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.FILE.layout.ConversionPattern=%-4r [%t] %-5p %c %x - %m%n%M

then i have create a jar using this manifest

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Fragment-Host: org.ops4j.pax.logging.pax-logging-service
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0
Bundle-Name: Log4J Configuration
Created-By: 1.6.0_24 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-SymbolicName: it.myfragment.log

my service is active

[   3] [Active     ] [            ] [       ] [    8] OPS4J Pax Logging - API (1
.5.3)
[   4] [Active     ] [            ] [       ] [    8] OPS4J Pax Logging - Servic

then i have install it as bundle and i have restart servicemix
but .... i don't see my log file ?

Where am i wrong ?

Thanks for help

cheers
--Filippo

Re: my own appender

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Take a look at [1], the "Using your own appender" chapter, to get details how to use your own appender(The fragment  bundle way).

Or you can use OSGI service way to register your own appender, take a look at Charles's recent commit here[2]

[1]http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest-2.2.x/users-guide/logging-system.html
[2]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4-1205

Freeman
-------------
Freeman Fang

FuseSource
Email:ffang@fusesource.com
Web: fusesource.com
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1473905042
weibo: http://weibo.com/u/1473905042

Re: my own appender

Re: my own appender

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

My comment inline
On 2011-7-7, at 下午7:38, Filippo Balicchia wrote:

> Hello,
> I try to create my own appender but when i start my servicemix 4.3.0
> it seems that dosen't write log file.
>
> This is what i done :
>
> I have define my log4j.properties
>
> log4j.rootLogger=INFO, FILE
> log4j.appender.FILE=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
> log4j.appender.FILE.File=mylFilelog.log
> log4j.appender.FILE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
> log4j.appender.FILE.layout.ConversionPattern=%-4r [%t] %-5p %c %x -
> %m%n%M
You just need edit $SMX$_HOME/etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg, add your
configuration there.

> then i have create a jar using this manifest
>
> Manifest-Version: 1.0
> Fragment-Host: org.ops4j.pax.logging.pax-logging-service
> Bundle-Version: 1.0.0
> Bundle-Name: Log4J Configuration
> Created-By: 1.6.0_24 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
> Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
> Bundle-SymbolicName: it.myfragment.log
I don't think you need create fragment bundle in this case, as you
don't really create a new customer appender, you just configure it.
Freeman