Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Nathan Beyer <nd...@apache.org> on 2007/03/15 04:10:07 UTC

[awt] gl DLL for windows 200?

The current gl.dll that's part of the build with AWT has a dependency
on a uxtheme.dll, which isn't part of Windows 2000. Apparently it's a
Windows XP/2003 and above bit. As such, the gl.dll is failing to load
because this dependency is missing.

I'm not familiar with what's going on in the 'gl' library, but is this
dependency a requirement? Do we just need a Windows 2000 build?

-Nathan

Re: [awt] gl DLL for windows 200?

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nd...@apache.org>.
That sounds good to me. The only qualification I would have is that
the OS version be optional, such that if it's not included, the OS
family applies to all versions.

-Nathan

Re: [awt] gl DLL for windows 200?

Posted by Alexei Zakharov <al...@gmail.com>.
Well, I can't say I completely agree that "hy.os" has OS family
semantic. The whole picture looks like this. We have two properties:
hy.os - can be windows, linux, freebsd and aix; Mostly used to
distinguish different version of UNIX while building classlib natives
hy.os.family - only windows or unix; also used by native build where
fine grained OS selection is not required.

So as far as I can see on Windows "hy.os" and "hy.os.family" is the
same thing. So do we really need to add a new property? We can
probably replace current entries of "hy.os" with "hy.os.family" for
Windows makefiles. Thoughts?

Regards,

Re: [awt] gl DLL for windows 200?

Posted by Alexey Varlamov <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: [awt] gl DLL for windows 200?

Posted by Alexei Zakharov <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: [awt] gl DLL for windows 200?

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nd...@apache.org>.

Re: [awt] gl DLL for windows 200?

Posted by Alexei Zakharov <al...@gmail.com>.

--
Alexei Zakharov,
Intel ESSD

Re: [awt] gl DLL for windows 200?

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nd...@apache.org>.
Maybe I'm inferring it, but x86 and Windows equals Win32. We're using
different monikers for 64bit OSes, correct?

Does this problem pop-up in Linux? There are various kernel versions,
correct? I presume we can't support all versions of the Linux kernel.

-Nathan

Re: [awt] gl DLL for windows 200?

Posted by Alexey Varlamov <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: [awt] gl DLL for windows 200?

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.
2007/3/15, Nathan Beyer <nd...@apache.org>:
> I think win 2000 is going to be a needed platform.
It looks like we can remove this dependency as requirement.
Please file a JIRA.

Re: [awt] gl DLL for windows 200?

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nd...@apache.org>.

Re: [awt] gl DLL for windows 200?