Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Vinci <vi...@polyu.edu.hk> on 2008/04/01 05:56:16 UTC

stored and indexed in schema

Hi,

I would like to ask, if I set a field to be indexed but not stored, I can
retrieved the document but cannot retrieve this field?
If I have large field that I want to index but I am not suppose to show them
to user (The origin content stored in another processed document where I am
using another field in Solr to point to their location...I throw the
retrieval job to the server :P), will I get faster respond even the query
doesn't ask solr to return this large field?

Thank you,
Vinci

Re: stored and indexed in schema

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Apr 1, 2008, at 1:35 PM, Vinci wrote:
> Thank you for your reply, It look like I will have some benefit but
> I will
> also lose the highlighter/summary functionary, it that right?

Ya can't highlight what you don't have.  So that's true.

I think eventually it would be handy for Solr to allow the client to
post in some text to be highlighted, but it does not currently
support that.

	Erik

Posted by Vinci <vi...@polyu.edu.hk>.
Hi,