Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by sudhakarvm <su...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/04 08:03:43 UTC

Sanitizing the REST input payload

Hi,

We are using Jersey 2 and not overriding the default json serializer and
deserializer ie Jhonzon. So wanted to check whether Jhonzon escapes the
request payload (for avoiding Cross site scripting attacks - XSS) or do we
have to explicitly escape the input. If we have to escape our-self then can
you suggest the best fit escaping (in put sanitizing) API.

Thanks in advance,
Sudhakar

Re: Sanitizing the REST input payload

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Sudhakar,

What really makes a difference is the Object type and Content-Type returned by your API. If it is XML or JSON, it should be escaped by default.

Cheers,
Roberto