Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Voula Yakoumidaki <gi...@dolnet.gr> on 2000/11/02 17:23:39 UTC

encoding problem viewing pages with Netscape Communicator

Hello,
I use xalan with xerces.jar in a sun
i have put in my xml and xsl the
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-7"?>  (first line)
and the needed xsl tag
<xsl:output encoding="iso-8859-7" method="html"/>
in my xsl files to see the greek fonts.
I was pleased at the beggining to see that it works fine viewing the
produced html pages from Internet Explorer but then i realised that
it doesn't work at all using Netscape Communicator.I get the greek
characters in a format like &alpha;&kappa; (=ak in greek)
Can you please help me with that??

Thank you