Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bhuvanesh Pattanashetti <bh...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/13 06:02:53 UTC

Re: Cofiguring tomcat for trial certificate by trusted authorities like verisign not working.

HI All,thanks all  for your suggestions. :-)

Here are following some more details.

I m using

- tomcat 6.0,
- JDK 1.6,
- no i m not using keystore.
- I m running on Xp with Spring-DM framework.
connector is as follows.

<Connector
           port="8443" minSpareThreads="5" maxSpareThreads="75"
           enableLookups="true" disableUploadTimeout="true"
           acceptCount="100"  maxThreads="200"
           scheme="https" secure="true" SSLEnabled="true"
keyAlias="aliasName"
           keystoreFile="KEeySrotePath" keystorePass="password"
           clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"/>

I have generated the keystore using keytool.
Please suggest me further.

Posted by Bhuvanesh Pattanashetti <bh...@gmail.com>.
Some more information regarding my problem statement,
i followed exactly like this,

   1. created the keystore using keytool
   2. created CSR using the -certreq using keytool
   3. sent the same to verisign and get the certificate as as a reply.
   4. imported the root certificate provided by verisign.
   5. imported the intermediate cert provided by verisign.
   6. inported that trial certificate provided by verisign into the same
   keystore from which i generated the CSR
   7. referred the keystore from the <connector/> component.(I have posted
   my connector configuration ablove
   8. when i started the server i got the following error,

    java.io.IOException: Alias name aliasName does not identify a key entry.

please suggest me further.

Thanks,
Bhuvan P

Posted by Bhuvanesh Pattanashetti <bh...@gmail.com>.
Ohh i was sorry for the above two statement. :(

I m using the keystore. (Keytool)

and i m not using APR.

thanks.
Bhuvan

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Bhuvanesh Pattanashetti [mailto:bhuvanmp@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Cofiguring tomcat for trial certificate by
> trusted authorities like verisign not working.
>
> - no i m not using keystore.

<snip>

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Cofiguring tomcat for trial certificate by trusted authorities like verisign not working.

Posted by Bhuvanesh Pattanashetti <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,I had tried that was y also.. now i m able to get the SSL working with
the thawte trial SSL certificate.
but not with the Verisign yet. i dono why.
Even after this importing the CA Certificate. i m getting the alert for
non-Secure items. So is that the reason that i dont have the paid SSL
certificate. or even the trail cert from thawte would behave as same as the
paid one.

Thanks,
Bhuvan P

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.