Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> on 2006/04/28 20:19:30 UTC

[VOTE] Accept and Graduate WebWork 2 Podling to Struts

I call a vote that the Struts PMC accept the WebWork 2 podling as having met the incubation requirements and thereby be
accepted by the Apache Struts project as Struts Action 2.

[ ] +1 Let's bring it in, and I'm committed to the project
[ ] +0 Let's bring it in, but I won't be involved
[ ] -0 I'd rather not, but I'm not involved, and here's why...
[ ] -1 Let's not, and here's why...

We welcome votes from all community members, however, only the votes
of Struts PMC members are binding.

If this vote passes, the Incubator will need to vote for the graduation to be complete.

Here is my +1

Don

Re: [VOTE] Accept and Graduate WebWork 2 Podling to Struts

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
All those issues have been resolved, but are not listed specifically in that status page.  They are covered under the IP
checklist, however.

Don

Posted by Jonathan Revusky <re...@wanadoo.es>.
Frank W. Zammetti wrote:
> Question: looking at the status page, I don't seem to find any mention of
> some of the licensing issues that were being discussed a while back...
> IIRC, there was some concern about a calendar widget for example, among
> other things.  Am I just missing it on the page?  Or have they not been
> resolved?  Am I correct in thinking that would keep it from graduating?
>
> I give a qualifed and of course non-binding +0, contingent on those issues
> having been resolved (not sure I could give it a +1, based on the
> definition of +1 given in this case, but I'm in favor of this happening,
> that's the pertinent sentiment I think).

Well, really, how long these people should stay in the incubator boils
down a question of taste, doesn't it? Do you like your committers rare,
medium, or well done?

Jonathan

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Bob Lee <cr...@crazybob.org>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Accept and Graduate WebWork 2 Podling to Struts

Posted by Rainer Hermanns <he...@aixcept.de>.
>> * PortletUrlTagTest.java has a copyright for BEKK Consulting but not one
>> for
>> the ASF. Are we sure we're OK for IP on this one?
> Just contacted Nils-Helge Garli about this. He contributed the code and I
> remember that for all other contributed files the copyright was changed.
> Looks like this can be easily changed as well. Waiting for his reply...

>From ICQ:
there is one license issue left with Bekk consulting
Nils Helge Garli	 (ICQ)
11:25 Oh, go ahead and remove it
Nils Helge Garli	 (ICQ)
11:25 I have already donated it to you guys

--> fixed in SVN

Re: [VOTE] Accept and Graduate WebWork 2 Podling to Struts

Posted by Rainer Hermanns <he...@aixcept.de>.
See comments inline...

> * There are still quite a few files that have OS copyrights but not ASF
> ones.
>
> * PortletUrlTagTest.java has a copyright for BEKK Consulting but not one
> for
> the ASF. Are we sure we're OK for IP on this one?
Just contacted Nils-Helge Garli about this. He contributed the code and I
remember that for all other contributed files the copyright was changed.
Looks like this can be easily changed as well. Waiting for his reply...

> * SubmitAjaxTest.java has a copyright for Down & Around, Inc. but not one
> for the ASF. Are we sure we're OK for IP on this one?
Something for Ian...

> * dtree.css has a copyright for Geir Landrö but not one for the ASF. Are
> we
> sure we're OK for IP on this one?
>
> * The file
> FieldValidatorsExampleAction-submitClientSideValidationExample-validation.xml(!)
> has a copyright for Your Corporation (!) but not one for the ASF.
Ups... This was introduced from me... Just removed this copyright notice.

Regards,
Rainer

Re: [VOTE] Accept and Graduate WebWork 2 Podling to Struts

Posted by Ian Roughley <ia...@fdar.com>.
I'm ok if you want to just remove the copyright.  BTW - the copyright
assignment form was faxed monday (5/1).

/Ian

--
>From Down & Around, Inc.
Innovative IT Solutions
Software Architecture * Design * Development
web:      www.fdar.com
email     ian@fdar.com
phone:    617.821.5430

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ian Roughley <ia...@fdar.com>.

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
On 5/1/06, Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> wrote:

> Martin Cooper wrote:
> > On 4/28/06, Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> I call a vote that the Struts PMC accept the WebWork 2 podling as
> having
> >> met the incubation requirements and thereby be
> >> accepted by the Apache Struts project as Struts Action 2.
> >

> > A couple of things I noticed on a quick scan:
> >
> > * One of the files in the pico package (PicoFilterDispatcher.java) has
> only
> > an ASF copyright, while all the others in the same package also have a
> > NanoContainer copyright. Did we accidentally zap the latter on that one
> > file, or did it not come from there?
>
> No, that one file didn't have a NanoContainer copyright, just an OS
> copyright.
>
> > * There are still quite a few files that have OS copyrights but not ASF
> > ones.
>
> All in webapps; I missed those.  Should be fixed now.
>
> > * PortletUrlTagTest.java has a copyright for BEKK Consulting but not one
> > for
> > the ASF. Are we sure we're OK for IP on this one?
>
> This has been resolved.
> >
> > * SubmitAjaxTest.java has a copyright for Down & Around, Inc. but not
> one
> > for the ASF. Are we sure we're OK for IP on this one?
>
> Removed until the grant comes in; don't want it to hold us up.
>
> > * dtree.css has a copyright for Geir Landrö but not one for the ASF. Are
> we
> > sure we're OK for IP on this one?
>
> Yep, the license allows anything as long as copyrights are in place.  I
> added the Apache copyright dtree-related files.
>

> > * The file
> >
> FieldValidatorsExampleAction-submitClientSideValidationExample-validation.xml
> (!)
> >
> > has a copyright for Your Corporation (!) but not one for the ASF.
> Resolved.
>
> Ok, all your issues should be resolved.  Let me know if you see anything
> else.

There were two more, but I just fixed those myself.

Can I count your +1 now? :)

Yep. +1. Houston, we have lift-off.

--
Martin Cooper

Don

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
+1

Git 'r dun!!

--
James Mitchell

Posted by Philip Luppens <ph...@gmail.com>.
+1 Show time !

On 4/28/06, Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net> wrote:
> +0 (non-binding) with the same caveat.
>
> L.
>
> Greg Reddin wrote:
> > +0.  I'd say +1, but it looks like it will be a bit before I have a
> > chance to get more involved.
> >
> > Greg
> >
> > On Apr 28, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Don Brown wrote:
> >
> >> I call a vote that the Struts PMC accept the WebWork 2 podling as
> >> having met the incubation requirements and thereby be accepted by the
> >> Apache Struts project as Struts Action 2.

> >> [ ] +1 Let's bring it in, and I'm committed to the project
> >> [ ] +0 Let's bring it in, but I won't be involved
> >> [ ] -0 I'd rather not, but I'm not involved, and here's why...
> >> [ ] -1 Let's not, and here's why...
> >>
> >> We welcome votes from all community members, however, only the votes
> >> of Struts PMC members are binding.
> >>
> >> If this vote passes, the Incubator will need to vote for the
> >> graduation to be complete.
> >>
> >> Here is my +1
> >>
> >> Don

Java/XML Programmer
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a
violent psychopath who knows where you live." - John F. Woods

Re: [VOTE] Accept and Graduate WebWork 2 Podling to Struts

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 4/28/06, Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> wrote:
> I call a vote that the Struts PMC accept the WebWork 2 podling as having met the incubation requirements and thereby be
> accepted by the Apache Struts project as Struts Action 2.

> [ ] +1 Let's bring it in, and I'm committed to the project
> [ ] +0 Let's bring it in, but I won't be involved
> [ ] -0 I'd rather not, but I'm not involved, and here's why...
> [ ] -1 Let's not, and here's why...

+0

--
Wendy

Re: [VOTE] Accept and Graduate WebWork 2 Podling to Struts

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 4/28/06, Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> wrote:

> I call a vote that the Struts PMC accept the WebWork 2 podling as having
> met the incubation requirements and thereby be
> accepted by the Apache Struts project as Struts Action 2.

> [X] +1 Let's bring it in, and I'm committed to the project
> [ ] +0 Let's bring it in, but I won't be involved
> [ ] -0 I'd rather not, but I'm not involved, and here's why...
> [ ] -1 Let's not, and here's why...

Craig

Re: [VOTE] Accept and Graduate WebWork 2 Podling to Struts

Posted by Eric Molitor <em...@molitor.org>.
+1 (Not that my vote counts but it runs all my apps)

Posted by Rainer Hermanns <he...@aixcept.de>.
+1 from me and a big thank you to everyone involved

On Apr 28, 2006, at 20:19 , Don Brown wrote:

> I call a vote that the Struts PMC accept the WebWork 2 podling as
> having met the incubation requirements and thereby be accepted by
> the Apache Struts project as Struts Action 2.

> [ ] +1 Let's bring it in, and I'm committed to the project
> [ ] +0 Let's bring it in, but I won't be involved
> [ ] -0 I'd rather not, but I'm not involved, and here's why...
> [ ] -1 Let's not, and here's why...
>
> We welcome votes from all community members, however, only the votes
> of Struts PMC members are binding.
>
> If this vote passes, the Incubator will need to vote for the
> graduation to be complete.
>
> Here is my +1
>
> Don

Rainer Hermanns
aixcept
Neupforte 16
52062 Aachen - Germany
w: http://aixcept.de/
t:    +49-241-4012247
m:  +49-170-3432912

Re: [VOTE] Accept and Graduate WebWork 2 Podling to Struts

Posted by Jonathan Revusky <re...@wanadoo.es>.
Jason Carreira wrote:
> +1

I wonder... has anybody in the history of this whole "incubator" thing
who was getting "incubated" ever vote against being "graduated"? As in:

"Hey, I wanna stay in here longer... it's nice and warm..."

or...

"I don't think I quite get the Apache Way yet. I need to get incubated
some more..."

<LOL>

Jonathan Revusky

Re: [VOTE] Accept and Graduate WebWork 2 Podling to Struts

Posted by Jason Carreira <fo...@opensymphony.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Accept and Graduate WebWork 2 Podling to Struts

Posted by Claus Ibsen <fo...@opensymphony.com>.
+1 - great work guys.

I had a computer crash at home last weekend and couldn't be online ;(

Re: [VOTE] Accept and Graduate WebWork 2 Podling to Struts

Posted by Ian Roughley <ia...@fdar.com>.
+1

/Ian

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.