Posted to users@solr.apache.org by yaswanth kumar <ya...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/18 02:42:35 UTC

Suggestions required for fixing zookeeper dir config

Solr : 8.2
Zookeeper:3.4

Recently found an issue inside the zoo.cfg where the datadir and logdir are having a dos carriage return characters on the folder path when this is in Linux and that created a folder with ^M characters upon zoo start where we noticed the zookeeper pid file is in. This is creating issues when the servers were rebooted for maintenance purpose and when we have auto start scripts for both zookeeper and solr. Sometimes all the collections were disappeared and also loosing zoo configs that were configured before reboot.

So now this bad config is still in live and we need to correct it carefully by running sed command that replaces these bad carriage returns on these zoo.cfg

Are there a sequence steps that we need to do carefully while we change this config (zoo.cfg) on live severs without any disruption to the cloud??

No of solr severs are 3 and all three got zookeepers on them and we need to fix this bad characters on all 3 solr severs zoo.cfg

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Suggestions required for fixing zookeeper dir config

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
ZK is likely in a corrupt state already, trying to write to a folder with a CR at the end. It may have succeeded doing so, in which case fixing the config will again point it to the correct folder which may then contain an older version of the data (solr's config).

So what I'd do is this
1. Stop all Zookeepers and Solr
2. Decide what dataDir and logDir is the most current / correct
3. If necessary, move/rename these folders to match what you have in your fixed zoo.cfg
4. Start all ZKs - watch them sync up and be healthy
5. Start Solr (if the on-disk state on Solr matches the ZK config then all will come up again)
6. Fix any issues that may have happened in Solr due to the misconfiguration

You may also want to check with the Zookeeper project (https://zookeeper.apache.org/) if they have a fix for this issue (tolerate CR in config file).

Jan

Posted by yaswanth kumar <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.