Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anton Tagunov <at...@mail.cnt.ru> on 2003/09/20 18:25:09 UTC

Re[2]: A Hebrew Problem

Hello Yair!

Sorry about responding with such delay, I only read the list
periodically in large gulps. I'm still very interested.

YZ> My Goal: including a hebrew html inside a jsp page.

YZ> The Problem: hebrew is viewed by browser as question marks (no matter
YZ> charset).

YZ> //moving the html string to a char array.
YZ> <%char [] c =  pageExecuter.readHtml().toCharArray();

YZ>    for (int i=0; i<c.length; i++){%>

YZ> //displaying 'character code' 'character'
YZ>      <%= (int)c[i] %>;&nbsp; <%= c[i] %><br>

YZ> <% } %>

A very correct experiment!

YZ> in that way I can see in the browser each character's code and the
YZ> character itself.

I'm afraid I did not understand your description.
Could you attache the whole page resulting from this experiment?
Or still better the result of

    wget -s -o file.html http://your.page.somewhere/some.jsp

from this page? (I want to see the Content-Type that gets
generated, the codes you get from the (int) conversion and
wether the byte(s) generated by <%= c[i] %> are really question
marks (0x3F) or something else.) Again attaching the result
of wget would be better then any description.

Thanks for interesting food for investigation, Yair! :-)

Anton