Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/24 14:42:18 UTC

Making parquet-cpp release?

hi folks,

Since Uwe has set up the release-making bits recently, and the API is
reasonably stable after the refactor to depend on libarrow, I propose
we go ahead and make a first official parquet-cpp source release.

I propose that we call this release 0.5.0 instead of 0.1.0 to reflect
the maturity of the project. If anyone has any objections or an
alternate release number, feel free to suggest it. My hope would be we
are on a trajectory for parquet-cpp 1.0.0 within 1 years' time.

Any more patches we need to write before the release? I know Uwe is
working on PARQUET-834, so we can wait for that or follow up with
another release within a months' time or so.

Thanks,
Wes

Re: Making parquet-cpp release?

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
Sounds great! How about starting an issue for it so we can linked blockers.
That's what we usually do for Parquet MR releases.

rb

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer