Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Fred Chen <Fr...@quantum.com> on 2010/04/13 22:11:29 UTC

managed session

I am interested in finding out how the new managed session feature works
in Axis2c.  Can anyone point me to a tutorial or any documentation?
Thanks.

The information contained in this transmission may be confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further distribution of confidential information is not permitted unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by Quantum. Quantum reserves the right to have electronic communications, including email and attachments, sent across its networks filtered through anti virus and spam software programs and retain such messages in order to comply with applicable data security and retention requirements. Quantum is not responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the substance of this communication or for any delay in its receipt.

RE: managed session

Posted by Fred Chen <Fr...@quantum.com>.
I understand there is going to be some session related feature put into
the next release.  I just want to understand how to use it.

________________________________

I am interested in finding out how the new managed session feature works
in Axis2c.

What do you exactly mean by 'new managed session'??

	Can anyone point me to a tutorial or any documentation?  Thanks.

________________________________

	The information contained in this transmission may be
confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further distribution of
confidential information is not permitted unless such privilege is
explicitly granted in writing by Quantum. Quantum reserves the right to
have electronic communications, including email and attachments, sent
across its networks filtered through anti virus and spam software
programs and retain such messages in order to comply with applicable
data security and retention requirements. Quantum is not responsible for
the proper and complete transmission of the substance of this
communication or for any delay in its receipt.

Samisa...
--
blog: http://samisa-abeysinghe.blogspot.com/

RE: managed session

Posted by Fred Chen <Fr...@quantum.com>.
I thought there was support added for HTTP session via cookie in Axis2c.
Or am I mistaken?

________________________________

Posted by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch>.
Hi Samisa,

It worked for us with very well with Axis2 1.2

The only thing is you need to care is the timeout found in axis2.xml.
Best you raise it from 30000 ms to something greater than what your
normal longest lasting sessions will take. We adjusted ours to 12 hours.
Saying that a user can start a session in the morning and if no other
network failure happens during the day, his session will remain
established, and will talk to the same instance of his object even after
11h  59min and 59 seconds. But if he sends the sends the second request
4 hours after the first the next timeout will be 12 hours later again.

However - now we just migrate to OpenVMS Itanium and Axis2/Java 1.5.1
and we have not yet tested this again. I hope it works the same as it
did with axis2 1.2

Sepp

Re: managed session

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.

AW: managed session

Posted by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch>.
Are you talking about  scope=soapsession  to be included into
service.xml. for AXIS2-1.2 this was working for sure.

Regards

Josef

Re: managed session

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.