Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Andrew Cobley <a....@dundee.ac.uk> on 2013/03/04 20:17:05 UTC

C* 1.2.2 vs Raspberry Pi

Stupidly I've locked myself out of JIRA and it doesn't seem to want to send me a password reset so I'll send this bug report here.

As you guys may know I'v been running C* on a  Raspberry Pi cluster for experimental and educational reasons.  It seems the startup script is borked for 1.2.2 when using JDK1.8 (early release) on the PI.

In Cassandra-env.sh  lines 206-208

if [ "$JVM_VERSION" \> "1.7" ] ; then
    JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -XX:+UseCondCardMark"
fi

Are causing C* to not start on the Pi.  It's reporting :

Unrecognized VM option 'UseCondCardMark'
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

It looks like this change came in for 1.2.2

Andy Cobley
School of Computing
University of Dundee

Re: C* 1.2.2 vs Raspberry Pi

Posted by Andrew Cobley <a....@dundee.ac.uk>.
Yep,

I did remove it and all was well.  However it is a gotcha for anyone trying C* on the Pi so a better solution is probably needed (conditionally removal)

Andy

Re: C* 1.2.2 vs Raspberry Pi

Posted by Jools <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: C* 1.2.2 vs Raspberry Pi

Posted by Andrew Cobley <a....@dundee.ac.uk>.
Mike,

I'll see if there  is a conditionally way of removing it.  It seems to be the jdk1.8 for arm (hard float) thats missing the option ATM so it could effect other ARM devices at some point.

Andy

Re: C* 1.2.2 vs Raspberry Pi

Posted by Michael Kjellman <mk...@barracuda.com>.
This was due to