Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Grish <gi...@hotmail.com> on 2007/10/18 13:09:48 UTC

Access a SiteMesh Object in a Struts tag

Hi,

I was wondering if this is possible, I want to access a SiteMesh object in a
struts tag like the set tag:

I want to access the Page object from SiteMesh and get a property from that
object and assign it a value

<decorator:usePage id="myPage" />

<s:set name="currentPage" value="" />

where value would be myPage.getProperty("meta.curentPage").

I have a feeling i'm just using incorrect syntax. Can anyone point me to the
right direction?

Thanks!

Re: [S2] Access a SiteMesh Object in a Struts tag

Posted by Xyzr <xy...@gmail.com>.
Thanx a lot. This works!

Posted by Grish <gi...@hotmail.com>.
After going through the OGNL documents and trial and error I was able to get
the properties from the page object from sitemesh using the following code:

<decorator:usePage id="myPage" />
<s:set name="currentNav"
value="%{#attr.myPage.getProperty('meta.currentNav')}" />

Hope this is of some use to someone out there :)

Posted by Grish <gi...@hotmail.com>.
So I tried the following: