Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eric Cornely <er...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/09 08:42:52 UTC

Remote repositories protocols

Hi,

I read in the documentation (
https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-repositories.html)
that "maven repositories can be accessed by a variety of protocols such as
file:// and http://"

By curiosity I'm wondering what are the other protocols supported by maven.
Is there a list of them or a way I could make it ? by listing existing
wagon ? (Is wagon used only when deploy ?)

I'm really wondering about ftp://, ftps://, ssh://, sftp:// and smb://
support. If you know one of these works as a repository url, tell me.

Kind regards,

Eric Cornely
--
Eric Cornely
ericcornely@gmail.com

Re: Remote repositories protocols

Posted by Eric Cornely <er...@gmail.com>.
Ok cool !

Thanks a lot I tried copying a part of a repository and pointed to it with
an sftp url and it works perfectly.

Here below is what it looks like :

<project...>
     <repositories>
       <repository>
            <id>sftp</id>
            <url>sftp://maven.server.com/path/to/repository/</url>
        </repository>
     </repositories>
    <build>
        <extensions>
            <extension>
                <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
                <artifactId>wagon-ssh</artifactId>
                <version>2.6</version>
            </extension>
        </extensions>
    </build>
</project>

Maven is able to download from any url type then... great !

As you suggest it would be great to have a lot of wagon : bittorrent, nfs,
cifs, ...

By the way it was just by curiosity I'll probably end up with an http
server somehow :)

> I wonder if anyones considered doing a bit-torrent based repository.
>
> Each GAV entry could be its own entry in a tracker. *ponders*
>
> On 9 Jul 2014, at 19:48, Stephen Connolly wrote:
>
>  wagon is the extension point to implement additional protocols. You need
>> register wagon implementations as extensions in order to use them in your
>> pom (or register them as additional dependencies of specific plugins in
>> your pom to use them for a specific plugin)
>>

>> On 9 July 2014 07:42, Eric Cornely <er...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi,
>>>
>>> I read in the documentation (
>>>
>>> https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/
>>> introduction-to-repositories.html
>>> )
>>> that "maven repositories can be accessed by a variety of protocols such
>>> as
>>> file:// and http://"
>>>
>>> By curiosity I'm wondering what are the other protocols supported by
>>> maven.
>>> Is there a list of them or a way I could make it ? by listing existing
>>> wagon ? (Is wagon used only when deploy ?)
>>>
>>> I'm really wondering about ftp://, ftps://, ssh://, sftp:// and smb://
>>> support. If you know one of these works as a repository url, tell me.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Eric Cornely
>>> --
>>> Eric Cornely
>>> ericcornely@gmail.com
>>>
>>> Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

 <http://www.visionitgroup.be>

Eric Cornely
IT Consultant and Trainer  @ Vision Consulting Group
Chaussée de Louvain 431 (Bât H)
1380 Lasne
Mobile : +32 (0)494 25 22 77

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
wagon is the extension point to implement additional protocols. You need to