Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/17 01:07:37 UTC

Question on distribution directory structure

On a recent discussion in incubator general about release requirements, the
subject of directory structure raised some concerns, and although the
consensus is that this should not hold a release, it might be a good
practice to have a project distribution to be extracted into a sub directory
(e.g axis-1.4-src).

http://www.mail-archive.com/general%40incubator.apache.org/msg10905.html

I noticed that both SDO and DAS distributions are being extracted to the
current directory, and was wondering if we want and if is still worth
pursuing this for M2 ?

Maybe a suggestion would be to extract the distribution on the following
structure :

                  Source
           Binary
DAS            tuscany-das-1.0-incubator-M2-src
tuscany-das-1.0-incubator-M2

SDO            tuscany-sdo-1.0-incubator-M2-src
tuscany-sdo-1.0-incubator-M2

Toughts ? Is this something we might want for M2 timeframe ?

- Luciano Resende