Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carlos <ca...@cvc.edu> on 2001/07/27 05:48:08 UTC

Problems with Cocoon 2.1 Dev from CVS

I¹ve attached the latest log of Cocoon 2.1-dev from CVS. It is still
complaining about not being able to find up a sitemap component and it can¹t
find tools.jar (is it still required?)

Any and all help is appreciated. I¹¹d love to upgrade now

Carlos

PS: Sorry about the length of the attachment, I didn¹t know where to cut it

Re: Problems with Cocoon 2.1 Dev from CVS

Posted by Carlos Araya <ca...@cvc.edu>.
I figure out why tools.jar was not showing up, but I keep getting the same
error. I am following the instructions on the website to install cocoon on
Tomcat4.0 B6

Carlos

Once upon a time, "Berin Loritsch" was seen writting:

> Yes.  Unless you are using Jikes.  Otherwise, how are you going
> to compile your sitemap?
>
> Carlos wrote:
>>
>> I’ve attached the latest log of Cocoon 2.1-dev from CVS. It is still
>> complaining about not being able to find up a sitemap component and it
>> can’t find tools.jar (is it still required?)
>>
>> Any and all help is appreciated. I’’d love to upgrade now
>>
>> Carlos
>>
>> PS: Sorry about the length of the attachment, I didn’t know where to
>> cut it
>>
>>              Name: cocoon.log
>>    cocoon.logType: Macintosh BinHex Archive
>>                    (application/mac-binhex40)

---
P  |Carlos Araya
_  |WebCT Administrator/Trainer
G  |California Virtual Campus, Region 1
---- C/O De Anza College
10650 Bubb Road
Cupertino, CA 95014

mail:       carlos@cvc.edu
web:        http://www.cvc1.org (work)
            http://www.silverwolf-net.net (personal)
PGP Fingerprint:     E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

Don't let the fact that you can't do all you want to do Keep you from
doing what you can do.

And oftentimes, excusing of a fault doth make the fault the worse by the
excuse; As patches set upon a little breach discredit more in
hiding of the fault than did the fault before it was so patched.
--Wm. Shakespeare

Re: Problems with Cocoon 2.1 Dev from CVS

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@hns.com>.
Problems with Cocoon 2.1 Dev from CVSFrom your log file:

ERROR   55277   [cocoon  ] (Unknown-URI) Thread-14/Handler: Error compiling
sitemap java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using
':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
 at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method)
 at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.<clinit>(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:58)
 at
org.apache.batik.css.value.DefaultSystemColorResolver.activeBorder(DefaultSy
stemColorResolver.java:27)
 at org.apache.batik.css.value.ColorFactory.<init>(ColorFactory.java:75)
 at
org.apache.batik.css.value.CommonValueFactoryMap.<init>(CommonValueFactoryMa
p.java:39)

It means that you are using Batik (it's configured in sitemap) under UNIX,
and for this you must have X server running.
The alternative is Xvfb. Check cocoon-user archive for details.

Vadim